Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Unsolicited Email

In any profession one of the downsides of attending conferences or publishing papers is that your email address gets out into the world and you become the target of unsolicited junk email.  Most of what I receive is trying to sell me a scientific product or get me to attend a conference or publish in a journal that no one has ever never heard. I never open the bulk of it.

Recently I've received a ton of crap.  

Today, as a sort of silver-lining, I got my all-time favorite unsolicited email, and one that I actually opened and read completely.  Check it out below. The subject line was "Get all the DNA out of urine!".  YES!!

Best part: "Urine is a veritable gold mine...".  I couldn't agree more!

Anyway, I'm in a select group (I assume) of scientists chosen to be beta-testers of Zymo Research's Extract-ALL(TM) Urine DNA Kit, so I got that going for me, which is nice.



6 comments:

  1. HI, this is unsolicited also, but Id like to send you an MBE review request. Cant find your email. please, if you want it, send to danielfalush@gmail.com. Thank you!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you've heard of MBE. Thats Massive Biosynthesis of Enzymes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess this is also unsolicited. I've been running some population models in R, starting with your genetic drift code, and playing around with some of the concepts you've covered, just for fun, inspired by your blog. If you'd like to see where I am in this study, you're invited to see my notes at http://greenhat9.blogspot.com. Thank you for your blog; I hope you have a chance some time post additional material.

    ReplyDelete

  4. The information which you have provided is really nice and awesome. Provides some very useful insights of how things actually work. I want to share something more about this as well.

    beds
    bed
    mattress
    mattresses

    ReplyDelete